Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Aquarena Springs

Today Nanna, my Mom, and I took the kiddos to Aquarena Springs in San Marcos. Aquarena Springs is now part of Texas State University and they have glass bottom boat tours and an aquarium on a beautiful part of the campus. We really enjoyed the grounds and the kids loved looking underwater throuhg the bottom of the boat! At the end of the tour the gide asked if there were any other questions and Emma asked "where are the octopuses?" It took a second but he realized she had thought that he said "aquafer" not "octopus"... I wonder if all along she was looking for an octopus?! When I was very young my grandparents took me and my brothers there when it was more of an amusment attraction. There was a submergable theater, it looked like a submarine with a huge window on one side, where we saw aquamaids and their swimming pig preform. Now the theater is mostly underwater due to a slow leak but it was neat to see it again!




















1 comment:

Reta Damiani said...

Thank you so much for updating us and for all the pictures!!! Love to see you all and keep up with you.